|The operator of MotorTakaful.com, Etiqa Takaful Berhad, values its relationship with you. Protecting the privacy of your information is of the utmost importance to us. As your Takaful provider, we shall comply and adhere to the requirements of Bank Negara Malaysia pertaining to protecting the confidentiality and security of your information, as well as our use and disclosure of it.
The following provides details of our practices and procedures for protecting the security on the confidentiality of your personal information:-
• Whether you are a current, former, or potential Takaful participant, Etiqa Takaful Berhad shall treat your personal information with the same high level of confidentiality and security as the rest.
• Your personal information shall only be disclosed in so far as it is necessary to provide the Takaful products and services to you and for Etiqa Takaful Berhad to better understand your financial needs.
• We would not sell, disclose or make available your personal information to any third parties unless we have your consent or as required by law or have previously informed you about it.
• We may however, be required from time to time, to disclose your personal information to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will do so under proper authority.
|At Etiqa Takaful Berhad, we will gather information about you for the processing and servicing of your Takaful policy(s), the settling of your claims and/or the offering of additional products and services that may be of interest to you and as directed by you with your consent. Some of this gathered information may be nonpublic, personal information (information not available to the general public) that was provided by you and which was gathered from transactions and communications with you, through services performed for you and/or obtained from third parties and/or through other means.
• Information We Collected From You
Such information includes information from you which was provided to us when you apply for our products or request services, either on the Internet, by phone, or through other mediums. The collected information will include your name, address, description of your vehicle, your license number and Etiqa Takaful Berhad Web pages that you had visited.
• Information Collected From Third Party
Such information includes information which was collected from consumer reporting agencies and other parties comprising of motor vehicle reports, consumer credit information, demographic information, insurance histories and claims reports.
• Information about Your Transactions
Such information includes information of your transactions with us and others, including our affiliates. It shall also include information such as your policy coverage levels, account balances, claims history and billing information.
• Information about Communications
Such information shall consist of your communications with Etiqa Takaful Berhad, which can either be through letters, telephone calls or emails and shall include the mode as to when they were delivered, received, and accessed.
• Information Collected Through the MotorTakaful.com Website
You can browse on our Website anonymously for information about MotorTakaful.com and the products and services offered. Etiqa Takaful Berhad collects general information about Website visits as part of our business tracking. This information does not identify you personally, and is used to enhance your Website experience. This will include information such as how you are linked to our Website, Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, and time of visit.
Etiqa Takaful Berhad may use technology that includes pixels and cookies on our Website to support site tracking, measure site performances, and for product marketing. Our website places a cookie on your computer for identification purposes whenever you return to our website and your visit to this site may be recorded for general usage patterns and analysis on the number of visitors to this site, all of which helps us to continually improve your user experience on our site, personalize aspects of your experience at our site and to better understand how visitors are using our site. These cookies contain no personal information and they will not damage your computer. We use industry standard encryption techniques to send cookies and your security is not compromised by their use. Your browser must be set to accept cookies in order to navigate the MotorTakaful.com website.
|Disclosure of information about our customers current participants, former customers participants, and consumers other participants whom did not purchase products from us will only be divulge where permitted or as required by law or as directed by the customer participants themselves. or consumer. We may disclose information to affiliates and non-affiliated Takaful companies, Takaful agents, reinsurance companies, consumer reporting agencies, government entities and claims administrators.
We may also disclose information to nonaffiliated third parties that perform services or functions on our behalf including the marketing of our products or services. The following are examples of situations in which we may disclose information:
• Your information may be disclosed between our agents, appraisers, attorneys, investigators, and others who may be involved in the sales and marketing of Etiqa Takaful Berhad's products and services, processing of applications and servicing of policies or claims.
• We will provide your policy information to adjusters and other appropriate business entities that make any necessary repairs to your vehicle when you are involved in a claim.
• We may provide your information to others for the necessary performance of our Takaful services or for other purposes. These Takaful services and purposes may include parties who are assisting us with the administrative services and consumer reporting agencies.
• Where applicable, we may request the information required by producing a search warrant, subpoena or where required by law proceed with the necessary legal process with state Takaful departments, or other law enforcement or government authorities to protect our own legal interests in the event of suspected illegal or fraudulent activities.
|Etiqa Takaful Berhad will strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing or erasure by implementing the Etiqa Takaful Berhad uses encryption technology to protect your confidential information. Our Web servers have been enabled with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to prevent unauthorised parties from viewing personal information provided to Etiqa Takaful Berhad during a secure session.
We have restricted access to your personal information to our employees, our affiliates' employees and others (who are all restricted on a need-to-know basis on your personal information for the servicing of your account). We will maintain strict physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information.